Monday, June 14, 2010

Absolutely NOT...Put It Back...

I took my Mom out for brunch Sunday to celebrate her birthday. My niece, who is spending the week at Mom's house, also joined us. Since her visit was entirely impromptu... we had some power shopping to do to amass a week's wardrobe worthy of this stylish tween...

And shop we did... at one point my Mother told her "Listen to your Auntie P... she's a fashionista... and always has been..." I nearly clattered off my kitten heels... not because I was being referred to as a fashionista, mind you... because that is perfectly true... I have always been passionately eclectic about all things fashion... no, what startled me was Mom using... knowing, actually... the term "fashionista." Where did she pick that up? It's inevitable I suppose, you turn your back for a mere moment and they're sneaking off to see Sarah Jessica on the 3D at the mall or out on the street associating with a fast crowd... picking up radical thoughts and random slang...

Parents...quite the handful, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment