Sunday, February 26, 2012

Closet Cooking...

Yesterday, I made a HUGE pot of soup... with every veggie I had on hand... from the pantry... the freezer... the potato and onion bin... along with the entire crisper drawer... oh, and a handful of barley to top it off...


while it simmered away... off I went to the market for some chewy, crusty loaves of sourdough... Later, I tucked into a large, steaming bowl and shared the bounty with a great neighbor... you'd be hard pressed to find a better meal then this on a blustery Winter's day.  Not surprisingly, once the kitchen was clean (and my belly was full) I was too overcome with laziness to take pics... so I borrowed one from the web... and lucky me, the one that caught my eye (and looked nearly identical to my soup) linked back to what looks to be a fabulous new (to me) food blog...

score and score!!

1 comment: