Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lowered Expectations...

As I said earlier... this week was overly-scheduled (translation: a non-stop "I want to get off" hellish ride of impossible deadlines)... It went so far beyond "having too much on my plate" and I found myself diverting so much attention to projects... that I totally lost focus on life's little tasks... 

I went to the kitchen to brew a cup of tea and came back to my desk methodically dipping a teabag into a cup with no water... I tried to unlock my car door with my house key...(twice)... I left the office and was halfway to my car before I realized my purse was still on my desk... I distractedly cut a gash in my finger with scissors... that sort of thing...

So, this weekend I did NOTHING... I stuck my tongue out at the dust bunnies and the ironing and I just vegged... I put my feet up and pampered my battered and baffled self... and in the process I realized I'm not superwoman... I cannot have it all and, most importantly, I don't want it all...


just a little water with my tea.     

1 comment:

  1. I don't want it all either, I'll, too, always take tea.

    ReplyDelete