Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meals on Wheels...

Since my little art and vintage shop space is just a short hop across the river from my downtown office, I’ve fallen into a habit of tending to it quite often on my lunch hour.  This has prompted a number of takeout lunches back at the desk.  Unfortunately, ever since I started reading the nutritional data on fast food websites (and that, in turn, sucked all the joy out of my beloved bean burritos) I’ve been hard-pressed to find a “healthier” on-the-go option.  Fortunately, an amazing Chinese restaurant opened right next door to the shop.  Yum!  I know... I know... before you start rolling your eyes over the fat and sodium… just wait… because my usual order is Moo Goo Gai Pan steamed, no sauce and no rice… with one ala cart spring roll (a girl’s gotta live a little!)  I top it with some hot pepper flakes and lightly sea-salted nuts from my desk drawer pantry and it’s actually very tasty.  Bottom line… never shy away from asking your favorite restaurant for some healthful tweaking… most chefs I’ve found are happy to accommodate.

No comments:

Post a Comment