Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fresh From the Heartland...


Yesterday, while flipping aimlessly through what cable has to offer... I landed on Food Network.  Imagine that?  (Probably not the smartest place for a foodie with a few pounds to lose to roost... but, oh well, I took one for the team... it's research.)  What I found was Heartland Table ...  Amy Thielen is your host... it's like sitting in your best friend's kitchen...  truly... she's not spangled and sparkled within an inch of her life... she not only offers great little nuggets of information in the course of conversation,  she also shows you how to repair mistakes and roll with the unexpected (a real plus... for someone like me anyway, who has been known to occasionally have a slight kitchen crisis)...  She films in her kitchen... in her cabin... in the woods... rather than a studio made to look like a kitchen in a cabin in the woods.  I really liked everything about this show...  


And, lucky us, she has a book out too.  It's already in my Amazon basket.  Check them both out... you can thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment