Thursday, June 25, 2015

The One(s) That Got Away...

My brother is flying in next weekend... Yay!  He rented a charter and he and my other brother are going out on the lake to fish… Yay!  The bait shop will clean and fillet their catch… Yay!  I will fry them up… Ya.. uh… hmmm…  Although I will admit to being a rather good cook… along with the ability to summon up some distant recollections of the kitchen at the cottage, the great aunts and some cast iron skillets filled with oil and perch… as well as extensive experience ordering seafood in restaurants… I don't mind admitting that I am (more than) a little nervous about this fish fry business. I've already made the mistake in preliminary sibling fish discussions of uttering the word tempura. My brother was quick to inform me that tempura is reserved for cod.  I started humming the theme song to Gilligan's Island.  In the end, I am hoping for this…


but with a tried and true back-up plan...


Excuse me now, while I go hit the (cook)books...

No comments:

Post a Comment