Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chalk One Up for an Urban Gardener...

I was looking out my kitchen window this morning and noticed my neighbor's lilac bush literally bent over with blossoms... it prompted me to go out in my backyard and check mine... It turned out that it was in bloom too... not quite bending under the weight of flowers... but blossoming nonetheless... actually, three blooms to be exact... I had to clip one and bring it in the house... lilacs and lily of the valley... nothing in the world can fill a room with scent the way they can... (my lily of the valley are still all green leaves at this point, but they look happy and hardy and I hope to see some little white bells any day now.) I actually might need that basket I bought to haul all the bounty from the garden to the house. Hopefully, when that time comes, I'll still be young enough to lift it...

No comments:

Post a Comment