Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Nothings...

I had my Mom over for dinner the other night and afterward we invariably got to reminiscing about people who have come and gone... like her Mother... my Gram. It's during these impromptu trips down memory lane that I find I pick up the out-of-the-ordinary and, often times, the sweetest little tidbits about my family. I not only found out that gardenias were Gram's favorite flower, but that my Grandfather brought her gardenias at least once a month during their marriage... that her favorite perfume was something called "Evening in Paris" ...which was so difficult to find during the war that she was compelled to switch (just for the duration)... I love these little, almost inconsequential, memories that turn those flat photographs into fully dimensional beings...

No comments:

Post a Comment