Friday, November 25, 2011

And For Dessert...

Thanksgiving has come and gone...
my brother made an incredible butter-basted turkey...
and his traditional (yum) candied sweet potatoes...

my sister-in-law made an absolutely to-die-for stuffing
with cranberries, pecans and Granny Smith apples
that I have to get the recipe for...
(because I think I like it even better than my sage and onion)
and her traditional (yum) orange and cranberry relish...

that's when the discussion turned to
combining the traditional holiday dishes
with something new
a little zing...the unexpected
alongside the traditional must-haves...

I have the traditional dishes... sure...
but something new...
not only new... but awesome...


the pressure is on...
that's all I have to say...
yesterday's dinner was perfection...
an impossible act to follow...
and Christmas is at my house... ...eek!

to maintain the standard they've just set...
I know I'm going to have to do
dinner and a show...

No comments:

Post a Comment