Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Yesterday, I roasted my Thanksgiving turkey.
And as I do every year, I promised myself
to simmer the turkey carcass and make my own stock...

Yet every year by the time all is said and done...
I don't even want to think about cooking...
let alone making stock...

This year I had a brilliant plan...
stow the ingredients for a stock in the stockpot early...
once the turkey was carved and put away...
just toss the carcass into the prepared pot and on the stove it goes...

Easy yes?

Here's a picture of my stockpot...
all ready and waiting for that turkey (or what was left of it)

You will never see a picture of the glorious finished product...

Because one loud crash and a frantic chase later...
turkey stock just did not seem that appetizing...
when prepared from a carcass...
recently wrestled from a hissing cat
who had to be chased through two rooms
and halfway up the stairs...

And I know... a picture of that carcass-dragging cat
could have just possibly made my blog an overnight sensation...
but you'll just have to rely on your imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment