Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rural Junking... City Style...

Usually, my weekends include several estate sales... this weekend I upped my game... and hit the U.S. Heritage Trail's longest garage sale.  Uh, huh... on four hours of sleep, one multi-vitamin and a cup of java, baby...  and I think I did us junkers proud.  But, I'll let the pictures speak (mostly) for themselves...

very first stop... a salvage barn
 on a real, working farm...
(and me, city girl that I am, wearing flip flops...) 
original old windows (petrified chicken poop included)...
(no prob... brought the Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer) 
primitive tables... feed sacks... hardware... 
 following the road...
stopping at farms... fields filled with sellers...
small towns... and quaint little shops...
 scoring a 1928 Montgomery Ward's catalogue... fresh from the field!
(along with a bag of just-picked corn)
dolls from church basements... 
 
old cookbooks and lard tins...
next to tables of bake sale goods...
piled with cookies as big as saucers...
just a day filled with sweet treats and treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment